SELCO Community Collaboration Grants allow libraries to partner with non-library entities and are awarded through a competitive grant process. This region-wide Library Legacy initiative is funded by Minnesota’s Arts & Cultural Heritage Fund (ACHF) with the goal of promoting community-wide partnerships.
- Applicants must be SELCO members.
- Reviewed by the Legacy Review Committee, a Committee of the Board.
- Awarded based on the quality of the partnerships and innovation, the ability to accomplish the proposed grant obligations, the inclusion of clear and measurable outcomes, the benefits to local libraries, and the overall clarity of the application.
- ACHF monies cannot be used to replace or reduce (i.e. supplant) a library’s normal funding stream for activities. ACHF monies are to support library projects that are in addition to those supported with state or local funds (i.e. supplement).
- SELCO will act as the fiscal agent for all Community Collaboration programs, either paying invoices directly or reimbursing libraries for expenditures.
- Publicity is required for all Legacy funded programs.
- For smaller libraries, or those institutions which have less staff time to dedicate to individual programming plans, you should consider hosting a SELCO Vetted Program, a selected list of library programs for both adults and children which have been specially designed to reduce the amount of time and effort required of local staff for artist selection and program coordination. For more information, visit the Vetted Program homepage.
Every effort has been made to make this process as simple as possible.
Please make sure to thoroughly read all instructions, for both the application and the evaluation, before submission.
|Application Opens:||December 1, 2018|
|Application Deadline:||Thursday, February 7, 2019 at 5pm|
|Review Committee Meets:||Tuesday, March 5, 2019|
|Projects May Start On:||March 15, 2019|
Projects may only begin after the grants are awarded. Any costs incurred before the award start date will not be reimbursed.
If you have any questions regarding SELCO’s Community Collaboration program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.